Maternity Services F.A.Q’s
As babies are born nocturnal-sleep deprivation in the first few weeks can play havoc with our cognitive behaviour, our hormones and our emotions.
Our night nannies are there to support you through the night enabling you to catch up on some rest; this will ensure you are fully rested and able to function better the next day.
Typically a night nanny would work from 9-7 however all our night nannies are flexible and will fit around your family needs. They are normally paid either an hourly rate or a nightly rate. All will be paid in gross and will be responsible for their own deductions
Duties of your night nanny will include :
- Night feeds – depending on whether your baby is breast or bottle fed, you may want us to wake you so that you are able breastfeed your baby or you may wish to be taught how to express in order for your nurse to feed the baby, either way we will support your decision
- Change nappies and care for any other hygiene requirements.
- Settle your baby to sleep
- Prepare and sterilise your baby’s bottles or any other equipment you may be using.
- Preparing you a light snack – should you be breastfeeding your baby and working on the theory of you snack whilst baby feeds.
- Should you wish a light breakfast can be prepared for you
- Babies’ laundry can be washed.
- Top and Tail baby in the morning and dress for the day.
- Night Nannies should leave enough time in the morning to give you a small brief on how the night went.
- The aim of the night nanny is to most importantly give you a nights rest, however She is also there to suggest ways of “paving the way to sleep” this is offering you suggestions on how best to start stretching the night feeds with the baby normally 6-8 weeks.
She is also able to teach you effective winding methods with colic and reflux babies, current sleep guidelines,temperatures,how to position and dress baby for sleep without the risk of overheating, how to sleep and feed a reflux baby.
Should you have twins/triplets your nurse will show you the most effective ways to feed your babies so that you don’t feel like you are feeding all day and night.
You may also be asked about your own well being and asked if you need any guidance on expressing or any other concerns this could include, teething, siblings routines circumcision and cord care.
All the above is just a guide and will depend on your requirements.
With our night nurse packages you are also entitled to a free members club, this will mean you are able to contact and talk free with one of our consultants 24/7 regarding any concerns you may have.
All are nurses have been fully vetted to a very high standards